Working together with patients to improve asthma management
Julia Ovens, an HR professional living with asthma, describes her experience living with asthma and discusses the ways medical practitioners can develop a more patient-centric approach to asthma management.
Questions asked in the video
- Can you tell us about when you were first diagnosed with asthma? 0:00
- Do you remember how you felt at the time? 0:31
- What are some daily challenges of living with asthma that doctors should discuss with patients? 0:54
- How important is it for you to have a management plan for your asthma? 1:59
- What does your self-management of asthma involve? 2:40
- Do you have any advice on how patients with asthma should be treated? 3:19
- Is it important that you are treated as an equal partner when making decisions about asthma treatment? 4:24
- What advice would you give GPs about seeing the 'whole person'? 5:10
This activity is sponsored by Asthma Australia.