Asthma in Australia: 1. Asthma basics
You need to login to participate in this education.
This education is accredited: RACGP 2 CPD, ACRRM 1.00 CME PD.
This is one module of the Asthma in Australia series of education, which is also available as the 6-hour Accredited CPD Activity Asthma in Australia: Practical solutions for challenges in primary care.
This module provides an overview of the current prevalence and impact of asthma in Australia, and will help you identify common challenges to providing optimal asthma care in primary practice. Participants will gain an understanding of the heterogeneity of asthma and the importance of tailoring treatment to the individual patient.On completion of this education activity participants will be able to:
- Discuss the current prevalence and impact of asthma in Australia.
- Identify common challenges in providing optimal asthma care in primary practice, and access resources and apply strategies for addressing these challenges.
- Help reduce hospitalisation rates for asthma by appreciating the heterogeneity (‘diversity’) of asthma and tailoring treatment to the individual needs of patients.
- Apply best practice diagnostic and management principles for asthma, as outlined in Australian asthma guidelines.
- Develop a written action plan for all asthma patients in your care.
This activity is sponsored by Asthma Australia.
|Asthma in Australia: 1. Asthma basics - Education|
|Asthma in Australia: 1. Asthma basics - Evaluation|