Haemochromatosis: 4. Patient education and self management
You need to login to participate in this education.
This education is accredited: RACGP 1 CPD, ACRRM 1 CME PD.
This is one module of the haemochromatosis series of education, which is also available as the 5-hour Accredited CPD Activity Haemochromatosis: Preventing harm caused by iron overload with timely diagnosis and best practice management.
This module provides an overview of the patient perspective for hereditary haemochromatosis, and the common concerns of patients living with this inherited disorder. The module provides information on the components of self-management such as lifestyle choices, diet, and therapeutic venesection.On completion of this education activity participants will be able to:
- List the common concerns of patients with hereditary haemochromatosis.
- Outline the components of self-management for hereditary haemochromatosis.
- Provide advice about lifestyle choices, diet, alcohol and supplements to patients with hereditary haemochromatosis.
- Outline resources available for patients with hereditary haemochromatosis to support self-management and prevent harm from iron overload across their lifetime.
- Outline insurance policy issues relating to hereditary haemochromatosis.
This activity is sponsored by Haemochromatosis Australia.
|Haemochromatosis: 4. Patient education and self management - Education
|Haemochromatosis: 4. Patient education and self management - Evaluation