Diagnosis and treatment of melanoma
You need to login to participate in this education.
This education is accredited: RACGP 2 CPD, ACRRM 2 CME PD.
This education discusses melanoma in detail, including the Epidemiology, clinical diagnosis, dermoscopy and imaging, management and review of the pathology report with follow up. Referral to, and the options available at, melanoma units is also discussed. The education is illustrated with naked eye and dermoscopic images of melanoma to illustrate the clinical diagnosis and differentiation from other pigmented skin lesions.By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the incidence of melanoma in Australia.
- Describe the most common sites on the body where melanoma may develop.
- Recall the ABCD method of assessment of melanoma.
- State the key features in the management of melanoma.
- Ensure patient safety by recalling the methods of examination to melanoma.
Dr Sarah McDonald, Clinical Fellow, Victorian Melanoma Service
Dr Alvin Chong, Senior Lecturer in Dermatology, University of MelbourneProject management:
Philippa Davis, Primary Health Program, Cancer Council Victoria
Shannon Jones, SunSmart Victoria, Cancer Council VictoriaThis education was prepared by ThinkGP.
|Diagnosis and treatment of melanoma - Education|
|Diagnosis and treatment of melanoma - Evaluation|