Supporting your patients with advance care planning
Dr Karen Detering discusses the role of advance care planning in ensuring patients' quality of life in end-of-life care, and offers advice on how advance care plans can be integrated into the general practice setting.
Questions asked in the video
- Introduction 0:00
- What is advance care planning, and what is the GP's role in it? 0:20
- When, and how, should you breach the topic of advance care planning with a patient? 1:47
- Is it necessary to nominate a substitute decision-maker? 2:20
- What are the responsibilities of a substitute decision-maker? 3:02
- When is extra care required regarding an advance care plan? 3:52
- How should the multidisciplinary team be involved in an advance care plan? 5:17
- Do you have any final words for the audience? 6:41
This program is sponsored by Advance Care Planning Australia.