Improving chronic kidney disease outcomes in primary care
A/Prof Shilpanjali Jesudason, nephrologist and Clinical Director of Kidney Health Australia, discusses the latest developments in the identification and management of chronic kidney disease in Australian primary care incorporating recommendations from the fourth edition of the 'CKD Management in Primary Care' handbook.
Questions asked in the video
- What is chronic kidney disease (CKD)? 0:00
- Why does CKD remain an under-recognised condition? 1:15
- What do 'CKD hotspots' tell us about its geographical spread? 1:57
- How can we detect and manage CKD at an earlier stage? 3:13
- What is the relationship between CKD, cardiovascular disease and diabetes? 4:12
- What is a 'kidney health check', and when should it be considered? 5:02
- What are the 'stages' of CKD? 6:07
- How can clinical action plans improve management of CKD? 7:07
- When is referral recommended for a CKD patient? 7:54
This activity is sponsored by Kidney Health Australia.