Identification and assessment of chronic pain in older people
Geriatrician A/Prof Peter Gonski discusses the prevalence and consequences of chronic pain in older people, and outlines methods for effective identification and assessment in general practice.
Questions asked in the video
- Why is chronic pain common among older people? 0:00
- What are the consequences of poorly controlled chronic pain? 0:34
- How can you effectively identify chronic pain in an older person? 2:12
- How can a collaborative team approach help identify chronic pain? 3:23
- What does a sociopsychobiomedical pain assessment involve? 4:24
This activity is sponsored by Mundipharma.