Effective use of topical corticosteroids in atopic dermatitis
Dermatologist Clin A/Prof Saxon Smith discusses the role of topical corticosteroids in the management of atopic dermatitis, providing insight into selecting appropriate formulations and dispelling patient concerns and misconceptions about topical corticosteroids.
Questions asked in the video
- What role do topical corticosteroids play in the treatment of atopic dermatitis? 0:00
- What did your research into how topical corticosteroids are prescribed and used in Australia reveal? 0:18
- What factors should you consider when choosing an appropriate TCS for a patient with atopic dermatitis? 1:30
- How do you select an appropriate TCS formulation to ensure adherence? 2:07
- How can GPs counteract patient phobias about topical corticosteroids? 3:05
- How are Australian healthcare professionals' understandings of topical corticosteroids? 4:04
- What should GPs keep in mind when discussing TCS use with patients? 5:14
This activity is sponsored by Ego Pharma.