Taking control of problem drinking
You need to login to participate in this education.
This education is accredited: RACGP 2 CPD, ACRRM 1 CME PD.
Alcohol consumption is Australia’s second largest cause of preventable morbidity and mortality, yet problem drinking is poorly managed compared to other chronic conditions or lifestyle issues. This module will help GPs understand how to detect and identify problem drinking, and manage it using a multidisciplinary management strategy.On completion of this education activity participants will be able to:
- Understand the incidence of, and risks associated with, problem drinking in Australia.
- Utilise screening tools to assess the severity of alcohol misuse.
- Develop a management plan for patients involving brief interventions.
- Manage severe alcohol misuse including dependence through a multifaceted approach.
- Understand the role of pharmacotherapy in managing alcohol dependence and relapse.
|Taking control of problem drinking - Education|
|Taking control of problem drinking - Evaluation|