Skin cancer prevention & vitamin D
You need to login to participate in this education.
This education is accredited: RACGP 2 CPD, ACRRM 1 CME PD.
This activity will guide GPs through the epidemiology of skin cancers in Australia, including prevention, diagnosis and management. Vitamin D awareness will also be addressed.By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the incidence of skin cancer in Australia.
- Describe the link between ultraviolet (UV) radiation exposure and the development of skin cancer.
- Understand the importance of a balanced approached to UV which reduces the risk of skin cancer, while ensuring some sun for vitamin D.
- Identify patients at risk of vitamin D deficiency.
- Ensure patient safety by recalling the methods of examination to detect skin cancer.
|Skin cancer prevention & vitamin D - education|
|Skin Cancer Prevention & Vitamin D - evaluation|