Managing chronic non-cancer pain: Alternatives to pharmacotherapy
You need to login to participate in this education.
This education is accredited: RACGP 2 CPD, ACRRM 1 CME PD.
Integrated multidisciplinary approaches with an emphasis on non-drug therapies are key to the management of chronic non-cancer pain. In this module, participants will learn about implementing non-invasive non-drug therapies in primary care, as well as the role of interventional procedures in chronic pain management.On completion of this educational activity participants will be able to:
- Discuss the biopsychosocial model of chronic pain.
- Examine and consider alternative therapeutic options to opioids in the management of chronic non-cancer pain.
- Apply an integrated multidisciplinary approach to chronic pain management including non-drug therapies.
- Recognise indications for invasive pain management interventions where appropriate.
- Identify and investigate suitable early referral of patients for specialist care.
This activity is sponsored by Boston Scientific.
|Managing chronic non-cancer pain: Alternatives to pharmacotherapy - Education|
|Managing chronic non-cancer pain: Alternatives to pharmacotherapy - Evaluation|