Sick of counting sheep: Insomnia solutions for older patients
You need to login to participate in this education.
This education is accredited: RACGP 2 CPD, ACRRM 1 CME PD.
This module aims to help GPs assess older patients for appropriate insomnia treatments, and uses an in-depth case study to guide health practitioners through the stepped care model for insomnia treatment.On completion of this education activity participants will be able to:
- Explain the need for insomnia solutions for older patients and outline the costs of not treating appropriately.
- Systematically assess older patients for appropriate insomnia treatments.
- Differentiate between evidence-based efficacy and safety of prolonged-release melatonin vs. other insomnia treatments.
- Describe and apply the stepped care model for insomnia treatment.
- Access tools and clinical guidelines for prescribing prolonged-release melatonin for the treatment of insomnia.
|Sick of counting sheep: Insomnia solutions for older patients - Education|
|Sick of counting sheep: Insomnia solutions for older patients - Evaluation|