HPV and oropharyngeal cancer: Connecting the dots
You need to login to participate in this education.
This education is accredited: RACGP 2 CPD, ACRRM 1 CME PD.
Learn how to take a systematic approach to diagnosis, investigation, referral and ongoing management of oral cavity and oropharyngeal cancers. This module also includes a video demonstration from head and neck surgeon A/Prof Richard Gallagher on how to examine the oral cavity, oropharynx, and neck.
Upon completion of this module the participant should be able to:
- Explain how the epidemiology of head and neck cancer is changing.
- Recognise the traditional symptoms of oral cancer.
- Explain why HPV-related oropharyngeal cancers represent a distinct disease entity.
- Describe how to perform a thorough examination of the oral cavity and oropharynx, and the neck.
- Plan what investigations should be initiated when a person presents with a persistent/suspicious neck lump and recognise when to refer to an otolaryngology-head and neck surgeon.
This activity is sponsored by Holland Healthcare.
|HPV and oropharyngeal cancer: Connecting the dots - Education|
|HPV and oropharyngeal cancer: Connecting the dots - Evaluation|