Continuous glucose monitoring and flash glucose monitoring in type 2 diabetes
You need to login to participate in this education.
This education is accredited: RACGP 4 CPD, ACRRM 2 CME PD.
Continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) and flash glucose monitoring (Flash GM) are new technologies that can assist in achieving effective glycaemic control in type 2 diabetes. This module explores the role of CGM and Flash GM in providing effective diabetes care, and provides guidance on interpreting glucose profiles and setting personalised targets.
Upon completion of this module the participant should be able to:
- Describe the different types of continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) and explain key differences between real-time continuous glucose monitoring (RT-CGM) and flash glucose monitoring (Flash GM).
- Describe how RT-CGM and Flash GM can overcome some of the limitations of self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) in type 2 diabetes.
- Identify patients with type 2 diabetes who could benefit from CGM.
- Explain what an ambulatory glucose report (AGP) is and describe the elements of the report.
- Analyse an AGP report systematically and counsel patients appropriately.
This activity is sponsored by Abbott.
|Continuous glucose monitoring and flash glucose monitoring in type 2 diabetes - Education|
|Continuous glucose monitoring and flash glucose monitoring in type 2 diabetes - Evaluation|