Common eye conditions
You need to login to participate in this education.
This education is accredited: RACGP 4 CPD, ACRRM 2 CME PD.
This module looks at the symptoms and management of common causes of vision loss and common eye conditions. Participants will learn how to ensure patient safety and eye health by identifying those at risk and by appropriately referring to an optometrist or ophthalmologist. The module includes targeted information about eye health in specific patient groups, including elderly patients and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, refugee, and CALD populations.By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the common causes of vision loss and common eye conditions including red eye.
- Discuss the symptoms of the various causes of vision loss and common eye conditions.
- Describe the management of the common causes of vision loss and common eye conditions.
- Identify the appropriate situation to refer to an optometrist or ophthalmologist and what to include in referral letters.
- Ensure patient safety by indicating the conditions requiring urgent referral for specialist care.
|Common eye conditions - Education|
|Common eye conditions - Evaluation|