Biosimilar medicines: A general practice update
You need to login to participate in this education.
This education is accredited: RACGP 2 CPD, ACRRM 1 CME PD.
Biosimilar medicines are becoming increasingly available in Australia, but misconceptions surrounding them exist among both patients and prescribers. This activity seeks to support primary care practitioners’ safe and effective use of these medications, and develop patient and prescriber confidence through education and evidence-based decision making.On completion of this education activity participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles behind biological medicines, including biosimilars.
- Outline the clinical development and regulatory processes required prior to approval of biosimilar medicines.
- Define the criteria that must be met in order to substitute a PBS-subsidised reference biological for a biosimilar medicine.
- Explain to patients what a biosimilar medicine is, why it is different to a generic medicine, and their therapeutic equivalence to the reference biological product.
- Manage patient concerns and queries surrounding biosimilar medicines.
|Biosimilar medicines: A general practice update - Education|
|Biosimilar medicines: A general practice update - Evaluation|