COPD in general practice: Practical application of clinical guidelines
You need to login to participate in this education.
This education is accredited: RACGP 2 CPD, ACRRM 1 CME PD.
Management of COPD in primary care is founded upon making an accurate differential diagnosis, initiating treatment in a timely manner and stepping up therapy as appropriate. This activity explores the practical application of latest Australian and international clinical guidelines to effectively manage COPD and maintain patient quality of life.
On completion of this education activity participants will be able to:
- Define the steps for differential diagnosis between COPD and asthma and how this informs the treatment pathway.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the COPD treatment pathway from first diagnosis, and treatment with LAMA monotherapy.
- Evaluate the appropriate circumstances to step-up a patient’s treatment to LAMA/LABA medication (stepwise approach).
- Rationalise the appropriate use of ICS triple therapy for COPD patients according to the COPD-X guidelines, including withdrawing ICS, if recommended.
- Describe important considerations when choosing a device for people with COPD.
This activity is sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim.
|COPD in general practice - Education|
|COPD in general practice - Evaluation|