STI management essentials for general practice
Urban GP Dr Bill Kefalas and rural GP Dr Miriam Grotowski discuss approaches and practical strategies for talking to patients about STI testing, diagnosis and contact tracing. Highlighted is the important role of GPs in testing and treating patients for STIs, but also preventing reinfection and the onward spread of STIs.
Topics covered in the video
- Making STI testing accessible to patients 0:04
- Starting the conversation and offering STI testing 0:21
- Managing STIs in patients from diverse backgrounds 1:29
- Giving an STI diagnosis 2:48
- Introduction to STI contact tracing 3:30
- Summary - the GP's role in STI management 4:12
This activity is sponsored by the NSW STI Programs Unit.