Identifying and testing latent tuberculosis infection
Respiratory and TB physician Dr Anthony Byrne outlines why latent tuberculosis infection is important to manage in primary care, and discusses the testing methods available to identify this infection before it progresses to active TB.
Questions asked in the video
- What is latent TB infection (LTBI), and why is it an important issue for Australian GPs? 0:08
- What are the risks associated with untreated LTBI? 1:27
- Which patients are at an elevated risk of latent TB infections? 2:46
- What tools are available for testing to testing for latent TB infection? 3:29
- How should patients who test positive for latent TB be managed? 4:37
- What are your final words of advice regarding managing TB? 6:01
This activity is sponsored by Qiagen.