Diagnosis, referral and management of chronic spontaneous urticaria
Allergist and clinical immunologist Prof Connie Katelaris discusses the identification and diagnosis of chronic spontaneous urticaria, and outlines the referral process and ongoing management of this complex condition.
Questions asked in the video
- What is chronic spontaneous urticaria (CSU)? 0:00
- How is CSU diagnosed, and how can it be differentiated from other conditions? 0:48
- Once a patient is diagnosed with CSU, what are the next steps? 2:48
- How can the UAS7 score be used to optimise the management of CSU? 4:29
- When should a patient with CSU be referred to a specialist? 5:38
- What is the GP's role in the medium to long term management of CSU? 6:56
- What are some final words of advice on managing CSU? 9:06
This activity is sponsored by Novartis.